Thursday, August 5, 2010

Can a pedicure cause labor?

my friend told me to hold off on my pedicure because there are certain pressure points in your feet that can cause you to go into labor? I am almost 8 months could this be true?Can a pedicure cause labor?
I think they will only work if you are close..I would not worry about it at this point..My friend was over due with her second, and between laughing all night and a good foot massage, she went into labor.Can a pedicure cause labor?
Yes, I have heard that. I wanted one, and the lady wouldn't do it because I was pregnant. I am sure she knew what she was talking about, she said it was the pressure points and could cause labor. I would avoid it.
I have heard of pressure points inducing labor but not the kind you get during a pedicure. Just go ahead and get a little pampered, it will relax you and your feet will look great! :)
ive heard of pressure points in your back but never heard of any in your feet
Read this on pedicures





http://babyfit.sparkpeople.com/articles.鈥?/a>
Yes it is true, there are pressure points in the ankle that could cause contractions. I remember when I was pregnant with my daughter and I went for a prenatal massage, and my feet and ankles were so swollen, I asked if she could massage them for me and she told me no and why she couldn't. I would still go for a pedicure, it will definately make you feel better, and have one before you have the baby, it will be awhile before you can get out to have another one, just tell them to go very easy on the massage.
There are pressure points in the ankle that can cause labor but if it's just a pedicure where they avoid your ankles then you should be just fine.
Yes this is true. From what I have heard it is mostly a problem when women get their feet massaged. I would say go for the pedicure and get cute toes, just don't get your feet massaged.

No comments:

Post a Comment